For the upcoming harvest (01.09. - 31.10.2020) we are looking for Cellar Hands to support our team:
The winery Landesweingut Kloster Pforta is a medium-sized winery (50 hectares) in Naumburg - Bad Kösen / Saale-Unstrut producing the whole range of quality wines, beginning with fruity and spicy Estate wines up to premium qualities. Our high claims are emphasized by our membership in the regional group of top wine growers “Breitengrad 51”.
We grow, vinificate and market white grape varieties such as Pinot blanc, Pinot gris, Riesling, Traminer, Silvaner, Bacchus and Müller-Thurgau and red ones like Blauer Zweigelt, Pinot noir and Portugieser.
Saale-Unstrut - located between the cities of Leipzig, Weimar and Jena – is one of the “new” and northern German wine-growing areas and as such belongs to the cool-climate wine-regions. With its beautiful and soft landscapes and picturesque steep vineyards in the valleys of the rivers Saale and Unstrut our countryside and its wines are a real inside tip!
About your job (accompanied by a vinery-employee):
• Preparation for the harvest
• Grapes: acceptance, processing and pressing
• Juice processing: clarification, pulp processing, inoculation, yeast nutrition etc., weighing out / addition of fining agents to juice
• Fermentation process: juice enriching and monitoring of fermentation
• Wine: stabilization of the young wine
• Cleaning and hygiene
• Accompanying works
Are you interested? Then we’re looking forward to your application, quoting your earliest possible starting date:
Landesweingut Kloster Pforta GmbH
z. H. Olaf Stintzing