Can Gelat is looking for a hands-on Vineyard Manager.
About the company
Can Gelat is a family-owned ecological estate based at the foot of the Tramontana mountains in Mallorca, Spain. The estate features 30 hectares. Besides ten hectares of vines, you will find many olive trees, algarobba trees, landscaped gardens and two luxury rental villas. The Can Gelat wines and setting of the vineyard been prized by many wine critics and visitors and sold in several Michelin star restaurants in Europe. Our company is a compact and informal organization in which we work hard towards the common goal: making the best wines possible with love for flora, fauna, and people.
You oversee all viticulture operations including grape production, organizing, and supervising staff, and assuring compliance with all (ecological and VT Mallorca) regulations related to grape production. We’re looking for someone who is quality driven and always open to develop them- selves ánd the estate. We are open to hire an ambitious college or master graduate with an Agri- culture-related degree. If you have organic vineyard experience, it’s a plus.
Becoming part of our journey brings many opportunities. As we operate with a small team your input will be highly valued and impacting the decisions to be made concerning the vineyard. Our new bodega will be constructed on the property in 2023 and 2024, with a full tasting facility to re- ceive guests and to organize events. As part of your job you will be closely involved in making the right decisions for this project. And ambitions to become winemaker will be stimulated. If you are not living on Mallorca, (temporary) housing facility can be arranged.
Do you have a passion to work on ecological basis in a fantastic natural setting? If so, then you need to apply for this exciting opportunity at Finca Can Gelat!
Position Reports to:
• Understanding of ecological practices and procedures
• A strong qualitative work ethic. Get’s the job done!
• Independent and responsible
• Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills
• Computer and software skills to document and analyze the vineyard data
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Responsible for all aspects of operating and managing the vineyard and gardens among with:
Cultivation, thinning, pruning, tying, suckering, canopy management, replanting, irrigating and harvesting, Erosion control, trellis Installation, irrigation installation, vineyard and fence installation;
• Driving the John Deere tractor and related equipment
• Provide accurate harvest estimates;
• Work within assigned budgets
• Keep areas clean and orderly as part of villa and vineyard experience;
• Ensure that all necessary equipment is in good operating condition
• Understand and train (project) employees in Policy, Procedures and Safety
• Effectively communicate and work cooperatively with support staff
• Monitoring and making recommendations that provide effective, timely and economic
solutions and increase/improve fruit and wine quality
• You are aware that during the harvest and high season the workload is higher than average
and extra effort is required
• Master or Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture
• English and or Spanish speaking and writing
Are you interested and do you meet the job profile? Then apply by sending your CV and motivation letter. More information about Can Gelat can be found at www.cangelat.com and @bodegacangelat.
We look forward to welcoming you on 02-01-2023!
Bitte beziehen Sie sich bei Ihrer Bewerbung auf weinjobs.com.